Saturday 16 December 2017

Book Review: Round and Round the Crochet Hook

I first "met" Emily via Instagram messaging. LOL. I had seen her gorgeous makes and I just had to write to her and tell her how wonderful I thought they were. We discovered that we both lived in Australia (thousands of kilometers apart) and that we had A LOT in common.

Round and Round the Crochet Hook

When I found out that she was doing a book, I was thrilled for her. I mean, who wouldn't be, right? She showed me sneak peeks, I helped her solve a small problem (she's so nice, she named the pattern after a version of my maiden name!), and I introduced her to some pretty fabulous testers as well as my (as of now, not-so) secret Facebook Group. (Sorry, it's closed to new members). I even did some testing for her.

Getting ready to review the book


Emily is one of those talented people who just "makes stuff" and has no idea of how truly talented she is because it comes so naturally to her. I'm nuts about mandalas (or anything to do with circles really, lol), and Emily's designs well and truly fulfil my obsession.

So many circles!! Squee!


When Emily asked me if I would be interested in reviewing her book, there was no hesitation in my reply. I knew exactly how thoroughly these things had been tested, and I knew exactly how gorgeous her designs were. So, here we are!

Looping Around Garland


Round and Round the Crochet Hook (oh, the fun her testers group had helping her pick a name!!) is a book full of beautiful designs that will look truly fabulous in your home, and would make amazing gifts for others.

Sweet Sunshine Doily


These patterns are well written with fantastic photos showing you exactly what you need to do where. The book features cotton items, which means that the stitch definition is absolutely clear too (unlike my acrylic version of the Sweet Sunshine Doily). This is a book that I will be making things from (am making things from), for a very long time!

String of Blossoms WIP
If you would like to purchase your own copy of this fabulous book, you can buy it here (please note, I am not affiliated with any of these places):

Amazon

Book Depository

Booktopia

Angus and Robertson

QBD Books

and all good book retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment